Parabhen and silicones in cosmetics: fear or not?
Parabhen and silicones … Probably neither some components of cosmetics were not so hot discussions about negative impact on our body. How not to think about when almost any of the modern cosmetics is rich in these names? Today we will try to figure it out, is it worth so afraid of "scandalous" components in your cosmetics and whether our beauty can peacefully coexist side by side with them. Perhaps, let’s start with definitions.
From a scientific point of view, parabens are esters of parahydroxybenzoic acid. It’s so to be wise. Compounds are a huge group of substances, and in the composition of funds are indicated as methyl, ethyl-, butyl-, isopropyl-paraben and T.D. The main purpose of these "loud" substances is the ability to maintain properties and quality of cosmetics, extending its shelf life. In a word, an excellent preservative, without which the favorite means of the VMY would turn into a native of bacteria and microbes.
Secondly, parabens and our body – peacefully coexistent neighbors without emerging misunderstandings in the form of all sorts of allergies and irritation. At first glance, everything is fine. Why parabens are subjected to constant attacks by the public?
Observations of doctors, the experiments of scientists have proven: these substances are not so harmless, as they may seem.
• Abused paraben cosmetics can cause a hormonal failure, because in its properties of the substance resemble the female sex hormone estrogen. In a special group of risk are pregnant;
• parabens accumulate in the body, causing endocrine disorders, which increases the risk of malignant formations;
• The ability to enhance the adverse effects of ultraviolet, which is expressed in accelerated skin aging processes up to DNA damage;
• There is a chance, though small, earn skin dermatitis or strong irritation, if a large number of parabens accumulate in the body.
Silicons are also the property of the chemical industry and are made from a mixture of conventional natural sand (quartz) and methanol. Ingredients with the endings of "-siloxane" and "-Methicone", which are found in lipsticks, tonal creams, shampoos, creams, nail polishes, lacquers, lacquers, masculs, and tons.D. Impressive list, is not true?
Read more Positive properties of silicones look like this:
• Hold moisture in skin cover;
• protect the skin from coarse environmental impact, soften it;
• give cosmetics with silkness and tenderness (for example, velvety coating of a tonal cream or lipstick);
• contribute to the uniform distribution of cosmetics on the skin;
• glue the dissected hair tips, form a "shield" on the lap in the form of a beautiful mirror coating with a volume and softness;
• Cannot straighten into the skin or become a nutrient medium for bacteria.
What can cause disapproval in silicones? Sometimes rumors, and sometimes real facts. The first group includes carcinogenicity of a substance that does not have an evidence base. To others – clogging of the skin (comedogenic substance);the probability of enhancing the adverse effects of that component in cosmetics, which does not suit you;purely cosmetic effect that quickly disappears. It turns out that silicones are not able to improve the skin, but only a good base for other components of cosmetics. I especially want to say about the hair: accumulating in the chapelur, silicones are able to worsen its condition over time. The phenomenon is explained simply – the film on the hair and the skin of the head literally overlaps them with oxygen.
If these two groups of substances in the composition of cosmetics cause hot disputes and rumors, whether manufacturers are not easily abandoned from them and find a healthy alternative? For the brilliant simplicity of the solution lies one fact: it was not currently not found to be replaced either parabenam nor silicones. By the way, even if you find out the inscription "Paraben-free" on the packaging, it’s not a fact that parabens in its composition. Small adjustments in the chemical formula – and we have a new substance, allegedly not having nothing to do with parabens, but in fact, which are them (for example, paraxibenzoate methyl = methylparaben and t.NS.).
How do we like to be here, then there is a controversial information? Keeping calm! In reasonable doses, neither parabens nor Silicone will harm our body. "Golden middle" is simple: let yourself sometimes take a break from "paint" on your face, choose products with vegetable preservatives (vitamins C, E), make friends with natural and organic cosmetics, alternate shampoos (with silicone and without silicone). Such measures will help not lose their heads in a constant search for "enemies" on labels.